URBRA organised a Students Seminar at Makerere University’s Main Hall on 20th February, 2020. The theme of the seminar was the Gold of Old Age. The Seminar was officially opened by Hajji Hassan Nakabaale, Director Communications and Public Affairs at URBRA.
The main topics discussed during the seminar included;
- The Mandate of URBRA and the Importance of Saving for Long Term. – Presented by Mr. Mark S. Lotukei, a Senior Licensing Officer at URBRA.
- Challenges of Old Age Poverty and the role of the Retirement Benefits Sector in Economic Development. Presented by Mr Benjamin K. Mukiibi, the Manager Reserch and Sector Development at URBRA.
- Role of Actuaries in the Retirement Benefits Sector. Presented by Mr. Mr. Musa Sebuufu, a Lecturer at Makerere University.
- Standing Out for the Job Market- Presented by M/s. Dorcus Twesigomwe, Consultant.
- Internship Experience at URBRA- Presented by Mr. Jonathan Sentamu – Compliance Assistant, URBRA. (A former intern at URBRA)
- Career prospects in the Retirement Benefits Sector. Presented by M/s. Prossy Najjuka from the Human Resource & Administration, URBRA.
Below are some pictures from the seminar.