The Uganda Retirement Benefits Regulatory Authority (URBRA) conducted a Pre-Retirement Training on 27th March 2019 at UMA Main Exhibition Hall, Lugogo.
The training targeted members from Retirement Schemes Licensed by URBRA that were left with five (5) years to retirement. The purpose of this training was to equip the participants with skills and knowledge to ably cope with life after active service.
Some of the topics for discussion included;
- Statistics on the reality of old age poverty in Uganda presented by Mr. Benjamin Mukiibi- Manager Research URBRA
- Retirement & Insurance presented by Hajji Ibrahim Lubega Kaddunabbi- CEO IRA
- Role of NSSF to Retirees presented by Mr. Richard Byarugaba- MD NSSF
- A Personal Experience on Retirement presented by Mr. Fagil Mandy
- Health and Retirement presented by Mrs. Dorcus Twesingomwe
- Managing Deceased Wealth and making a Will presented by Mr. Salim Makeera a Managing Partner of Makeera & Co. Advocates, Stanbic Bank
- Personal Finance and investment presented by Mr. David K. Mutaka- Head of Sales
We appreciate all those that attended. The training was successful and the Authority intends to have more training workshops of this nature in the near future.