We aim to process all cases within these service standards. Individual cases may be decided in longer or shorter periods than the service standard depending on a range of factors, individual circumstances and the complexity of each case.
Telephone Service Standards
- We will respond to your calls within three (3) rings
- When answering the telephone, we will provide you with our name and work area
- When we call you, we will provide you with our name and work area and tell you the reason why we are calling.
- We shall have telephone service during business hours.
- Our recorded messages will be current and give appropriate contact details during absences.
In person Service Standards
- We will attend to you within five (5) minutes of your arrival, if you have an appointment.
- We will attend to you within ten (10) minutes if you do not have an appointment.
- We will advise you within reasonable time about any unexpected delays in attending to you.
- We will visibly display our name badges and identify ourselves.
- We will be neatly dressed and well presented.
- Our offices have clear signage, current and relevant information on display.
Written communication Service Standard
- We shall acknowledge all correspondences on receipt.
- We will reply all correspondences timely, using the most appropriate contact method within 5 (five) working days of receipt of the correspondence.
Applications for licensing and decisions Service standards
- We will provide you with the details of any outstanding requirements, next steps and likely processing times in 5 working days after receipt.
- We will provide you with clear and timely reasons for our decisions and advise you of any review rights.
- If you are applying for a renewal of license, a new license will be issued within 5 working days
- If you are a new applicant, your license will be issued within 1 month.
Complaints Handling Service Standard
- Acknowledge your complaint within two working days
- Complaints will be given a substantive reply within 10 working days. Any delay will be explained and you will be kept informed of progress.
- All customer complaints will be kept confidential (unless the law requires otherwise).
Our information Service Standard
- We will regularly review and update information to ensure it is current and meets your needs and expectations.